Criteria for answers:
1) Direct reference to the chapter’s laws/regulations (Employment Laws, Case Law, Statutes)
2) Direct reference to the chapter’s concepts (discrimination, ethics, social responsibility)
3) Quotes from the text.
4) Personal opinions based on an analysis of the above. 5) Each answer should be a paragraph (or a minimum of 5-7 sentences long)
1. Read this week’s ethical dilemma. What would you do? (pg 205)
2. What’s the difference between job and career security?
3. Name and discuss some of the factors that influence training and development.
4. Discuss Covey’s concept of creating “a culture where every learner becomes a teacher and every teacher becomes a learner.”
5. Discuss some of the types of mentoring and coaching. Does your employer offer any of these alternatives?
6. Can job rotation be an effective form of training?
7. “Development is a choice” Discuss.
8. Do you have an effective new employee orientation at your organization? Explain.
What types of training does your employer offer? Are they effective?
9. Why is it important to evaluate trainings?
10. What is the difference between a career and a career path?
11. Describe and give examples of a couple of OD interventions. Which one do you think is most effective?